To improve the lives of women and girls, in local communities and throughout the world.
How do members/clubs support the Soroptimist mission?
Soroptimist members belong to local clubs, which determine the focus of volunteer work in their communities. Club projects can range from renovating domestic violence shelters and providing mammograms to low-income women, to sponsoring self-esteem workshops for teenage girls. In addition, Soroptimists participate in organization-wide programs offered from the federation.
Being a Soroptimist Means Many Things:
- It means you care about making a difference in the lives of women and girls – in your community, your country and throughout the world.
- It means you are willing to give of your time and talent to raise funds and provide service to others in your community.
- It means you are a person of action – not someone who waits for others to improve the lives of those less fortunate.
What benefits do members receive?
In addition to intangible rewards such as lifelong friendships and personal fulfillment, members also receive the following benefits:
- Opportunity to participate in Soroptimist’s life-changing scholarship and grant programs
- Subscription to our award-winning Best for Women magazine
- Subscription to our email newsletter, the “Soroptimist Summary”
- Access to numerous documents and tools available on the SIA website
- Leadership development and networking opportunities at club meetings, region conferences, the biennial convention and other meetings
- Opportunity to provide feedback, offer suggestions and voice opinions through the Soroptimist Snapshot online surveys and other market research activities
- Knowledge & Personal Growth – Through your club’s efforts to make a difference in your community – you will learn more about your community – you will learn how to lead and how to follow.
- Networking – Share your business and /or professional expertise with others and learn about theirs in return.
Join Soroptimist in St. Helena
P.O. Box 1007
St. Helena, CA 94574
Attn. Volunteer Coordinator